I’m a little late to the party today! I’ve been enjoying an icy day at home with my mini-me. This is what we woke up to here in Central PA.
My poor magnolia tree! Thankfully she only had one small limb break off from all the ice. AND we luckily didn’t have a power outage like some folks.
Needless to say, Kelly and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time hanging out. We watched We Bought a Zoo. LOVE that movie! (*cough* and Matt Damon *cough*).
I spent SOME of the day in the kitchen making brownies (that were a complete FLOP). I also whipped up a recipe from my archives, and wanted to share it with you.
I am all about quick and easy breakfasts, and I’m EVEN MORE about the ones you can make ahead of time and then enjoy in the morning. And so you have this Breakfast Bread Pudding for One! I love bread pudding but have never thought to make it as a healthy breakfast. Looks so yummy and easy to make 🙂
I’m sure you could use any fruit you like, but I happen to like peaches. This is so easy it’s a crime. Throw all the ingredients in a bowl. And then microwave it until the liquid is absorbed. Let it cool and refrigerate for the morning. In the mornings, I warm it up for 30 seconds (just to take the chill off) before eating.
Hope you enjoy!
Breakfast Bread Pudding for One
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 5 min
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 can no sugar added peaches
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, torn in pieces
- Wisk together almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, honey and eggs in a bowl.
- Drain syrup from peaches, and add approximately 5 slices of peach (save the rest for another day).
- Place bread pieces in bowl and gently press into liquid.
- Microwave on high 3 minutes, stir.
- Microwave on high another 3 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Allow to cool completely, and then cover and refrigerate for the morning. You could probably add some protein powder to it as well to ramp of the protein content.