With a crazy week like we’re about to have, what’s in store in the dinner department? Good question! 🙂
I’m all about meals that are quick, easy, and nutritious. Last night, we had one of my favorite dishes when I’m in the mood for something Italian-ish or I’m craving spaghetti.
Chicken, Tomatoes, Arugula and Feta over Quinoa
- Chicken tenderloins. Season it with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- 2 14 oz. Roasted Tomatoes cans
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. I prefer to use 1/2 cup of red and 1/2 cup of white quinoa.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook seasoned chicken until browned on each side.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add tomato paste, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar to the pan.
- Stir to combine and heat to a simmer.
- Add chicken back to pan with the tomato mixture and simmer until chicken is done and flavors combine.
- Just before serving, add baby arugula and feta cheese to top of chicken and tomato mixture.
- Serve over the quinoa.
The rest of the week may end up being on the fly! Between softball practice tonight, a soccer game tomorrow night, making sure we’re prepared for our carpet installation and furniture delivery—meals this week are going to be quite challenging!!
But here’s the game plan:
- Tuesday: Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- Wednesday: Pepper Jack Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Thursday: Coconut Chicken & Spinach Salads
- Friday: Wing it or leftovers, who knows—maybe we’ll even eat out 🙂
In the comments, give us a link to YOUR favorite recipe to make when you’re pressed for time!