I went to the Dr. because I had hearing loss. The ENT checked my throat just as a routine and found a lump. We live in a goiter belt so it wasn’t uncommon. I was told to get an ultrasound just to be safe but really we needed to focus on my Meniere’s disease.
The ultrasound came and went and I was referred to my ENT’s colleague. I had been doing all the test and appointments alone since I had no other problems other than with my ears. The Dr gave me my diagnosis that I had thyroid cancer and would need a total thyroidectomy. I was sitting there alone trying to take it all in as he explained to me what to expect and the risk involved with the surgery. I was trying not to cry, after all, I had just been blindsided, and then he just rolled his eyes at me and said: “this isn’t something to get upset about.”
I got out of there as fast as I could. I was sitting in the parking lot with my car door open since it was one of the hottest days of summer and I knew I couldn’t drive while that upset and the lady that had parked next to me came up trying to get into her car. she took one look at me and asked if I was alright and gave me a hug.
I got more sympathy from a stranger in a hospital parking lot than a doctor who just gave a cancer diagnosis.He didn’t think thyroid cancer was something be concerned about. it was a non-issue to him.
- 13+ Top Gift Ideas For 2020 - November 16, 2020
- How I solved my PMS symptoms the natural way - November 4, 2020
- Gift Ideas: 8 Great gadgets I love to use (almost) daily - November 2, 2020
- How to use pilates for help with lower back pain - November 1, 2020
- Luminas: Finally a natural way to relieve pain without chemicals - October 31, 2020