Life has been beyond chaotic lately and I’m learning how to truly spend my time wisely. What I’d like to do and what I need to do are 2 distinct categories right now. I thought that amidst the craziness that is the life I’d share a few things I’m thankful for…
- 2 short weeks in a row because of holidays. I’ve never been so happy to have 2 days off to take care of school, business building, and maybe relax a bit too!
- Coffee. Last week I weened myself off of caffeine in preparation for fasting on Yom Kippur. Come Sunday morning, I was ecstatic to have a cup of coffee back in my hand.
- Someone who makes me smile on a daily basis and reminds me that there are things more important than striving for perfection.
- Quiet, leisurely mornings. I love enjoying breakfast and starting my day in peace and quiet. That doesn’t always happen since I’m not living on my own at the moment and I savor every opportunity that comes up.
- Being pretty energetic despite my problems with thyroid. My energy levels are definitely up and it is a great feeling!
What are you thankful for?
P.S. A couple of weeks ago during lunch my co-worker and friend and I were lamenting our favorite East Coast farmers markets. Nina moved from Philly and loved her various farmers markets as much as I loved my beloved Dupont Farmers Market.
We took a little adventure down to the Dallas Farmers Market which, while different in almost every way was a nice little reminder of local food. Sure, this market is unique in that a lot of stuff isn’t local at all but Nina and I managed to find goodies that were in fact from around Dallas and the surrounding areas. It’s not perfect but it’s better than nothing! I am definitely grateful for that…